Home Remedies For Dark Circles
Do you have dark circles? Do they affect your self esteem, or depress you? How can you get rid of dark circle? Are you wondering why you even have them? There are many different causes for dark circles. The main ones being, lack of sleep, stress and too much caffeine. This brings an unhealthy look to your face. There are many different products now available in stores. They are huge brands who advertise great products, with your favorite celebrities telling you that they work. They also promise to make your dark circles under your eyes vanish, overnight. But, let us face the truth! It isn’t that easy to regain your health and lose the dark circles easily.
Using natural remedies is the best idea to nourish your skin. These natural remedies will help you get rid of unhealthy skin around the eye area. By using these remedies regularly, you will be completely satisfied. You need to make sure that you follow a healthy lifestyle, in order to get the best results.
Best Remedies for Dark Circles:
How great would it be to treat yourself with natural ingredients? Most of these remedies are available in your kitchen. So walk towards the kitchen to feed yourself and to treat your skin. Here are some natural home remedies, which will help you get rid of saggy bags or dark circles under your eyes.
Almond Oil :-
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
- Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
- Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
- Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a soothing and refreshing effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the slices onto the affected skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat twice daily for about a week or more.
- Another option is to mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for at least one week.
Rose Water :-
Rose water has incredible ingredient for skin care. It rejuvenates the skin and has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works as a good skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for a few minutes.
- Put the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for a few weeks.
Raw Potato :-
- Potato consists of natural bleaching agents, which will help to lighten the dark circles and remove the puffiness near the eyes.
- What you need to do is, take two chilled potatoes and extract its juice.
- You can cut them into pieces, blend them and sieve it.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into the potato juice.
- Flatten the cotton balls with your fingers and place it on the dark circles.
- Make sure that the juice covers your the affected area.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.
- You need to apply cream on this area.
- Continue this every day till you notice the change.
- Tomato is also a great skin lightening agent with certain properties that will help clear the area around the eyes.
- Take one teaspoon of tomato juice and mix it in one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture, gently on the affected area.
- Allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off gently with cold water.
- Follow this remedy twice, daily till you notice reduction in the dark circles.
Cold Water :-
- Cold water works really well to constrict the blood vessels under the eyes.
- This will help to reduce dark circles and eye puffiness.
- Take a soft cloth and soak it in cold water for a few minutes.
- You can also use cold milk in the place of cold water.
- Place it directly on your eye lids, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can also choose to wrap ice cubes in a towel and place it on your eye lids.
- Anything frozen can be placed on the eye lids like frozen peas, cold spoon or even a chilled tea bag.
- Repeat the same process three to four times everyday for a few weeks.
Lemon Juice :-
- Just like potato, lemon juice also holds bleaching properties.
- Vitamin C will help to remove the dark circles around the eyes.
- You can place a cotton ball dipped in fresh lemon juice on the affected area.
- Leave it on for fifteen minutes and wash it off with normal water.
- Repeat to see results.
Mint Leaves :-
- Along with reducing dark circles, mint leaves give a cooling effect to the eyes.
- This is a natural remedy that will soothe and refresh your eyes.
- Take five to six mint leaves and crush them.
- Apply these leaves around the eyes and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wipe it off with a cold cloth.
- You need to be very gentle, as you are contacting a very sensitive area.
- This is the most effective natural remedy to cure under eye dark circles.
- Apple consists of tannic acid that will help to lighten the skin tone.
- Vitamins B and C along with potassium act as a great aid to nourish sensitive skin around the eyes.
- You need to take a ripe apple and cut it into large slices.
- Place these slices under the eyes and leave it on for half an hour.
- Wash the skin with cold water and apply a cream.
- You can also apply a paste made from boiled green apple, under the eyes.
- Leave it on for around half an hour and rinse off with lukewarm water.