How to Make Your Nails Stronger
Do your nails look dull and unhealthy? Are they prone to breaking? You are not alone. This is a common problem.
Nails are composed of laminated layers of a protein called keratin. Healthy nails are smooth, without pits or grooves. In addition, healthy nails are uniform in color and consistency and free of spots or discoloration.
On the other hand, weak nails break easily and do not grow easily. Weak nails may also have signs of yellowing and discoloration.
Weak and unhealthy nails are often due to negligence and improper care. They get weak when they dry out and become brittle. Long-term exposure to water or chemicals, such as detergents and nail polish, are the main reasons behind weak nails.
Green Tea to make a nails stronger :-
Green tea can also make your nails strong and healthy. The antioxidants in green tea help prevent brittle nails as well as strengthen them. At the same time, green tea helps get rid of yellow discoloring.
- Brew a cup of green tea and allow it to cool. Soak your nails in it for 10 to 15 minutes, twice a week.
- Alternatively, prepare a nail soak with 2 teaspoons of green tea, a pinch of salt and a few drops of wheat germ oil. Soak your nails in this mixture for 5 minutes, then wipe it off with a dry cloth. Repeat this procedure twice a week.
- You can also mix a few drops of green tea essential oil with coconut oil or aloe vera gel and massage your nails with it once or twice a week.
Tea Tree Oil to make a nails stronger :-
Tea tree oil is another versatile ingredient that can repair and strengthen damaged nails. Its antiseptic property helps prevent and treat fungal infections that are often the cause of weak and brittle nails. It can also help get rid of discolored or yellow nails.
- Put a few drops of tea tree oil in a small bowl of warm water. Soak your nails in this solution for 3 minutes, a few times a week.
- Alternatively, prepare a solution with ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil or jojoba oil and 4 or 5 drops of tea tree oil. Apply this solution on your nails and massage gently for a few minutes. Allow it to dry, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this once a week.
Strong Nail Diet to make a nails stronger :-
- Calcium, gelatine and B-complex vitamins are vitally essential for healthy nails. Vitamin Dcures nail ridges, folic acid and Vitamin C cures hangnails and split nails.
- Nail ridges are cracks in the skin along the sides of the nails that can be particularly painful.
- Drink diluted cider vinegar to strengthen the nails and paint them with two coats of fresh lemon juice daily to strengthen them externally.
Protein to make a nails stronger:-
- Nails are made of keratin, a protein, which is why a protein-rich diet is important to maintaining nail health.
- If you eat meat, eggs, or other protein-rich foods regularly, there’s no need to worry.
- But if you don’t eat meat, add these vegetarian protein sources to your diet, such as quinoa, beans, and meat substitutes like tofu and seitan.
Flaxseeds to make a nails stronger :-
Flaxseeds can also make your nails stronger. The micronutrients in flaxseeds, such as B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, lecithin, zinc and protein, are necessary for nail health. In addition, they have omega-3 fatty acids required for healthy nails.
- Rub some flaxseed oil on your nails and massage gently for a few minutes before going to bed. Wear gloves to retain the moisture.
- Also, include flaxseed in your daily diet. You can add 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed to your cereal or smoothies.
Vitamin E Oil to make a nails stronger:-
Vitamin E oil is another good remedy for stronger nails. Its moisturizing property helps keep your nails hydrated and healthy.
- Break open a vitamin E capsule to extract the oil.
- Apply the oil on your nails and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Do this daily before going to bed for a few weeks.
For added benefits, take vitamin E capsules orally after consulting a doctor.
Olive Oil to make a nails stronger:-
Olive oil is an excellent remedy for weak nails. The oil helps moisturize the nails. It also helps repair damage and softens nails and cuticles, which in turn leads to strong and healthy nails.
- Massage your nails thoroughly with some warm olive oil, covering both the top and underside of your nails. Wait 15 minutes, then wash it off with water. Do this 2 or 3 times daily.
- Alternatively, mix together 3 teaspoons of warm olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your nails using a cotton swab. Allow it to dry, then put on a pair of soft, cotton gloves. Do this daily before going to bed, and in the morning, rinse it off with warm water.
The Goodness of Papaya to make a nails stronger:-
- Papaya contains enzymes that soften the protein tissue and are good for the cuticles.
- Mash papaya and add lemon juice and 1tsp vodka or vinegar.
- Soak your nails in this mixture for at least 20 minutes and massage into the skin regularly.
- This treatment needs to be done daily for atleast 7days for effective results.
Cuticle Softener to make a nails stronger:-
- Fresh pineapple and vinegar helps soften the cuticles.
- Mash the pineapple and add vinegar to it.
- Dip the nails up to the cuticles in this mixture, massaging every now and then.