7 Health Benefits Of Tomato Seeds
This juicy, succulent fruit belongs to the nightshade family and is native to southern and central America. We often use this fruit as a vegetable and hence there is always a confusion in stating its identity. It can be cooked or eaten raw as per taste or liking. The seeds of this fruit are embedded within the thick flesh, surrounded by a colorless jelly-like fluid and occupy a large centre of the fruit.
These can be added to any food item without altering the characteristic color and taste of the food. We often discard the seeds as they seem difficult in digesting, but recent studies have proved the immense health benefits which we shall discuss.
Cardiovascular Diseases :-
- Tomatoes contain flavonoids and phytonutrients in large quantities, essential to maintain good heart health.
- As tomato seeds are known to improve blood circulation and prevent blood clotting, the risk of strokes and other heart problems is thereby reduced.
- Also intake of aspirin for heart troubles can lead to digestion problems and ulcers after long-term use, and the seeds do not pose these side effects.
Tomatoes help control blood sugar :-
- This is because of their high chromium content.
- Tomatoes are a great snack option for diabetics and for avoiding the intense hunger spikes that lead to food binges.
- When your blood sugar plummets, you feel moody, sluggish, irritable, and famished, increasing your desire to eat too much of the wrong foods.
- Eating a tomato before reaching the point of intense hunger wards off the desire to binge.
Tomatoes support healthy vision :-
- This is because tomatoes are high in vitamin A, which improves day and night vision.
- Whether you wear glasses now or you want to keep your vision healthy for years to come, tomatoes can help.
Tomatoes are healthy for your hair and skin :-
- They contain lycopene, which is an ingredient used in many facial cleansers.
- You can enjoy these skincare benefits by pulling the skin from tomatoes and placing them on your face like a mask for about 10 minutes.
- Eating tomatoes helps build healthy hair from the inside out, but you can also create a paste from mashed tomatoes and apply it to your hair as a conditioner to add shine.
- Tomato seed intake helps in maintaining the level of cholesterol in the body by regulating blood pressure and maintaining smooth blood circulation.
- The potassium and vitamin B helps in reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the body and prevent the blood from getting sticky.
- The ill-effects of smoking can be reduced by taking tomato seeds.
- Smoking leads to blood clots and sticky blood cells which can be cured by regularly consuming tomato seeds.
Vitamin And Minerals :-
- The seed of this fruit is a rich source of minerals and nutrients like vitamins A, B, C and K and calcium and antioxidants that help in reducing inflammation in the blood stream.
- All these nutrients are required by the body to perform its daily activities.