Benefits of Triphala
Triphala is a classical ayurvedic preparation that has three main ingredients. These are Amalaki, Bhibitaki and Haritaki. These are known as Emblica officinale, Terminalia chebula and Terminalia belarica in biological terms respectively. It is considered the most potent herbal preparation due to its multiple applications.
benefits of triphala:-
- · Firstly it acts as an antioxidant agent preventing any free radical formation in the body. This property of triphala helps it to prevent early aging signs like wrinkles and premature graying of hairs.
- · Secondly it is helpful in regularizing the normal peristaltic movements that are very essential for proper passage of food from one organ to another. This helps in aiding the digestion of food in proper amount of time.
- · Thirdly it acts as an appetizer as it helps in proper digestion of the food.
- · Fourthly it is very effective in stimulating the liver for its functioning to the optimized level. More over it also helps in secretion of the bile juices that are very much required for fat metabolism.
- · It is very much helpful in reducing the plaque formation in the arteries thereby reducing the risk of heart related problems caused due to arteriosclerosis.
- · Triphala helps in maintaining the proper levels of the cholesterol in the body thereby preventing us from fatal and deadly heart problems. It helps in curbing the formation of low density lipoprotein (LDL).
- · It is very much effective in suppressing any kind of infection or foreign invasion in the blood thereby helpful in preventing any kind of skin related diseases and other infectious conditions in the body.
- · It is helpful in maintaining the proper secretions of the endocrinal system that are responsible for maintaining the proper homeostasis in the body and aiding the proper functioning of all the physiological processes in the body.
- · It is an excellent remedy for eyes related problems and helps in improving the eye vision and strengthens the muscles of the eyes.
- · Last but not the least, being a mild laxative it helps in evacuating the bowel and therefore is considered as one of the best body detoxifier and facilitates expulsion of toxins out of the body.
Triphala and Weight Loss :-
In conditions of excess weight, triphala can be used as part of a weight loss program that includes a healthy diet and exercise. Proper digestion and elimination are important factors in achieving long-term success in maintaining an optimal body weight. Triphala also promotes healthy eating habits and cravings by supplying the body with the full spectrum of natural tastes. By promoting healthy absorption and assimilation of nutrients, triphala keeps the body feeling properly nourished and balanced.
Triphala and Ayurveda: Traditional Uses :-
Triphala is recommended and used more often than any other Ayurvedic herbal formulation. It is popular for its unique ability to gently cleanse and detoxify the system while simultaneously replenishing and nourishing it. In Ayurvedic terms, triphala, used in moderation, is said to have a beneficial effect on all three doshas—vata, pitta, and kapha. It is most well-known for its gentle effects on the bowels, improving peristalsis and cleansing toxic build up of wastes; but Ayurveda also views triphala as a nourishing supplement known for its ability to rejuvenate healthy tissues, allowing one to age gracefully.
Digestive Problems :-
Triphala works great as a laxative and can be used to stimulate bowel movements for a clean stomach and bowel. People with digestive problems or bowel movements issues can have one spoon triphala before going to bed at night and be constipation free the next morning. You can also take a spoon early morning on an empty stomach with loads of water. What does that do? It
- Cleanses your stomach and ensure clearer stomach movements
- Is a great way to relieve gas by relieving one of flatulence
- Provides nutrition in the form of nutrients and vitamins to the entire digestive tract, starting from the oesophagus to the anus.
- Works to improve and strengthen the rectal muscles
Once you start consuming Triphala, you can also give your body the necessary detoxification. The herb lends your skin a glowing touch.
Healthy Eyes :-
Triphala is a potent eye tonic which will keep your eyes healthy and sharp. Mix and soak about 1-2 spoons of triphala powder in warm water and leave it overnight. In the morning, strain the soaked mixture and use this mixture to clean your eyes. This simple remedy will keep your eyes infection free and healthy.
Improved Blood Circulation :-
The triphala churan is a great way to stimulate and improve healthy blood circulation by improving and increasing the cardio movements in the capillary and strengthening flavonoid, which aids in healthy and improved blood circulation.
Give Your Immunity a Boost :-
Thanks to the wonderful triphala churna benefits that includes cleaning the gastric and digestive tract, improving blood circulation and nourishing the body from within by providing necessary nutrients and minerals, Tripala helps boost the body’s immunity with its power packed spoon of health.
Reduces Inflammation :-
Regular consumption of triphala also helps reduce internal and external inflammation that one might have due to lack of proper immunity or lack of nutrients in the body.
Use the Triphala Churna :-
Now that we have established and discussed in detail the many benefits of triphala churna, it is important to know and understand how to best take the churna for best result. Given that the 3 ingredients are all diverse in taste and not so good when you try and taste with your mouth, together they mix to form a taste that can sometimes be difficult for many to smell or digest.
- One is supposed to eat a spoonful of triphala with water, but if one finds it tough to gulp it down, mixing it with a little honey, lemon or sugar is a good idea. But it is important to mention here that add one of these only to slightly alter the taste of triphala powder, not to make it taste sweet.
- The best way is to consume the powder early in the morning on an empty stomach with warm water.
- Another way is to consume the powder at night about 2 hours before bed time with warm water. There is no recommended dosage as it has no side effects that have been established so far. So, the best is to know the dosage that works for you and stick to it.
- You can also make tea with the powder to get its benefits. Boil it in water and drink after adding about a teaspoon of honey to the mixture for good taste.