Health Benefits Of Grape
The health benefits of grapes include their ability to treat constipation, indigestion, fatigue, kidney disorders, macular degeneration and the prevention of cataracts. Grapes, one of the most popular and delicious fruits, are rich sources of vitamins A, C, B6 and folate in addition to essential minerals like potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, magnesium and selenium.
Grapes contain flavonoids that are very powerful antioxidants, which can reduce the damage caused by free radicals and slow down aging.Grapes, due to their high nutrient content, play an important role in ensuring a healthy and active life.
Power Up Your Weight Loss :-
Exciting research led by MaryAnne DellaFera, PhD at the University of Georgia found that resveratrol (particularly when combined with soy isoflavones) works on the body in two ways to significantly assist with weight loss efforts: 1) it dramatically reduces cells’ ability to store fat by about 130 percent; and 2) causes fat cells to disintegrate at a rate 246 percent higher than normal.
Protect Your Heart :-
- In research, resveratrol demonstrated the ability to improve the dilation of blood vessels, which may allow blood to flow more easily through blood vessels.
- It has also been shown to relax the walls of the blood vessels, making their diameter larger, thereby lowering blood pressure, and allowing a higher volume of blood to flow through all areas of the body, delivering increased oxygen and nutrients to the body’s cells.
- Another study found that just 10 mg of supplementary resveratrol resulted in a dramatic reduction in heart-attack risk factors.
Protection Against Sunburns :-
- The fleshy part of the grapes as well as the extract of their seeds contains proanthocyanidins and resveratrol, which are powerful antioxidants.
- The application of grapeseed extract on the skin provides protection against harmful ultraviolet radiation (2).
- It acts as a sunscreen by reducing the redness caused due to sunburn, and also minimizes the damage borne by the skin cells.
- It is due to this feature that grapeseed extracts and resveratrol are often used as ingredients in sunscreen lotions.
Lightens Scars :-
- Green grapes help in lightening the scars that are caused due to acne.
- The vitamin C in grapes encourages the formation of scar tissues and ligaments and helps to repair the skin.
- Dust a bunch of green grapes with 1 tablespoon of alum and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Keep them wrapped in a foil and bake them for a quarter of an hour.
- Apply the juice of these grapes on your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
- This is sure to visibly lighten the scars.
Bone Health :-
- Grapes are a wonderful source of micro-nutrients like copper, iron, and manganese, all of which are important in the formation and strength of the bones.
- Adding grapes into your diet on a regular basis can prevent the onset of age-related conditions like osteoporosis.
- Manganese is an extremely important element in the body, which aids in everything from protein metabolism, collagen formation, and nervous system functioning.
Immune System :-
Grapes are not only packed with flavonoids and minerals, but vitamins as well! The high levels of Vitamin C, K, and A in grapes gives you a healthy boost to many of your organ systems, particularly your immune system, which means less chance of coming down with common colds, as well as more serious health issues.
- Ripe grape juice is an important home remedy for curing migraines.
- It should be drunk early in the morning, without mixing additional water. Ironically, drinking red wine is often considered a cause of migraines, but grape juice and grape seed extract is considered a solution for the problem.
- There are many causes behind migraines, and it can be difficult to pinpoint the culprit, since they include chemical imbalances, lack of sleep, changes in weather, or dietary deficiencies.
- Alcohol in general causes migraines, but grapes have so many antioxidants that they can cause and cure the same illness!
Kidney disorders :-
- Grapes can substantially reduce the acidity of uric acid and they also help to eliminate acid from the system, thereby reducing the stress andpressure on the kidneys.
- Since grapes have a high water content, they induce urination, which also helps to eliminate the uric acid still present in the body after its acidity is reduced.
- Grapes have a very cleansing effect on the body, and the antioxidants present benefit all of the body’s systems in peripheral ways.
Blood cholesterol :-
- Grapes contain a compound called pterostilbene, which has the capacity to lower a person’s cholesterol levels.
- Pterostilbene is closely related to resveratrol, the beneficial antioxidant and coloring flavonoid that is also found in grapes, and early research has shown that it has anti-cancer qualities as well as having a great impact on cholesterol levels.
- It is also thought to have preventative powers over cognitive decline.
- Furthermore, the saponins present in the skin of grapes can also prevent the absorption of cholesterol by binding with it.
Breast cancer :-
In a recent study, it has been discovered that purple, Concord grape juice helps in preventing breast cancer.
- Significant reduction in mammary tumor mass of laboratory rats was seen after they were fed the grape juice in an experimental setting.
- The antioxidants in grapes are beneficial in the prevention of all types of cancer, but there are some fascinating studies which specifically show grape juice as an effective preventive measure against breast cancer.
- Certain chemicals in grapes compete for binding sites, and inhibits aromatase from changing androgen to estrogen, which is thought to be a big contributing factor to breast cancer growth in women.