Home Remedies To Treat Jet Lag Effectively
How to use home remedies to treat jet lag effectively? Ever felt greatly depleted or wiped out while traveling on the plane? This happens when your body thinks that it is hard to conform to a new time zone. It will bother your sleeping examples and make you feel wiped out and sleepy. Since’s irritating, isn’t it?
So how can you make sure you are not influenced by jet lag? Alternately on the off chance that you are influenced, how can you get help quick? There are home remedies that can help you out! Would you like to know the causes of jet lag and the remedies that can cure it?
Causes Of Jet Lag:
Poor Sleep Routine :-
- If you are someone who sleeps at the same time every day, there is a higher chance you could experience jet lag.
- People having strict sleep routines are the first ones to fall prey to this.
- Babies and children can sleep whenever and almost wherever, which is why adjusting to the time zones isn’t much of a problem for them.
Risk Factors :-
There are several risk factors that increase your chance of developing a jet lag. Here are a few that can help you understand.
- Not drinking as much water as your body needs during the day.
- Drinking too much alcohol and caffeine when you are on the flight.
- Little or no sleep at night.
- Experiencing too much stress at workplace.
- Being over the age of 60.
It has also been said that changes in cabin pressure can lead to jet lag and its varying symptoms.
Symptoms Of Jet Lag:
If you think you are a victim of jet lag, a brief idea of the symptoms of this condition will give you a better understanding!
- Fatigue during the daytime.
- Less sleep or insomnia.
- Poor cognitive abilities.
- Soreness in the muscle areas.
- Menstrual pain.
- Lethargic and a general feeling of sickness.
- Stomach problems, constipation or diarrhea.
- When you are suffering from jet lag, chances are your feet and limbs will become sore and swollen. In some cases, it could actually stop you from wearing normal shoes for a whole day.
- A general feeling of fuzziness could occur as well.
- Losing your mind or control over yourself is another thing that happens. Please don’t travel alone if you are prone to this kind of behaviour.
Home Remedies To Treat Jet Lag:
Now that you know the causes and symptoms of jet lag, go ahead and read the remedies that can help you treat it!
Get Hold Of A New Schedule Before Leaving :-
- If you are planning on travelling east, you should make it a point to shift your bedtime earlier.
- Sleeping half an hour early will prepare your body and prevent jet lag.
- In case you are planning to travel in the opposite direction, try and shift your meal times closer to the timings of the flight.
- This will also again protect your body and heal jet lag naturally.
Drink Enough Water to Treat Jet Lag :-
- Water is an unquestionable requirement for very nearly everything! Regardless of what circumstance you are going through, drinking water will definitely help you in relaxing.
- Drink plenty of water before boarding the flight, during the flight and even after reaching your destination.
- Please don’t drink too much espresso.
- Truth be told, make it a point to say no to espresso and liquor.
- These two drinks are your adversaries and will upset your sleep.
Reach Before Time to Treat Jet Lag :-
- Another smart and natural thing you could do is achieve a few days prior.
- In that way, your body and mind will start to make the modification.
- It will without a doubt go about as a great cure for jet lag.
Move Around A Bit to Treat Jet Lag :-
- Moving around a bit always works when it comes to curing jet lag.
- Indulging in some activities and stretching exercises, will help you to fight the problem of jet lag.
- Don’t continue the activities, when you are close to your destination,.
- It postpones sleep and makes things troublesome.
Melatonin to Treat Jet Lag :-
- Melatonin is a hormone that is discharged by the mind.
- Its fundamental capacity is to take control of the body’s circadian rhythm.
- Analysts have talked about melatonin supplements and how they lessen jet lags during flights, both in the east and the west.
- Different inquires about however, have not shown much advantage.
- But you could even now give it a chance.
Sunlight to Treat Jet Lag :-
- You can also use sunlight with a specific end goal to set your inner clock.
- It is a simple, but then a very viable tool that helps you oversees and direct your sleep cycle.
- You should always make former plans so you can control, awful sleeping habits and transform them into great ones.
- Case in point, on the off chance that someone who doesn’t sleep too well is travelling from New York to France.
- This individual is encouraged to seek light during the evenings in his first couple of days in France.
Ginger Tea to Treat Jet Lag :-
- Try some ginger tea on the off chance that you are experiencing jet lag.
- A container of the ginger tea first thing in the morning took after by another measure at night helps you manage extreme sleepiness in a smart and natural way.
Exercise to Treat Jet Lag :-
- Make sure you are getting activity of some kind.
- It is fitting to work out somewhere around 6 and 10 AM, six times a week.
- Cardio and quality preparing can do miracles to your body. In the event that that is too much, basically strive for long lively walks.