Homemade Chocolate Face Masks
Almost everyone like to binge into chocolates .They truly are yummy and sinful. But did you know that this chocolate is a boon to your skin and can actually be used to make different face packs which give amazing results for your skin. The cocoa in chocolates is rich in antioxidants and works wonders for your skin.
Cocoa prevents the premature aging of skin and is also known to improve the texture of skin. It is also useful in repairing the skin tissues. Mentioned below are few amazing chocolate face masks to enhance the beauty of your skin.
Oily to Combination Skin :-
This scrub gently removes the dead cells, excess oil, dirt and grease from your face.
- Make a paste of coco powder with water
- Further add 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Sea salt exfoliates and helps remove dead cells. It also acts a detoxifier by absorbing the harmful toxins from the skin.
- Then add a teaspoon of raw milk and mix well to form a scrub.
- Apply it evenly all over your face and scrub gently in circular motion.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off thoroughly with warm water.
Chocolate, Oatmeal, Yogurt And Honey :-
- Oatmeal is a natural exfoliating agent and helps in removing the dead skin cells.
- Honey is a humectant and helps in locking the moisture and keeping skin hydrated.
- Yogurt has skin lightening and antimicrobial properties which help in keeping skin infections at bay.
- One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, one tablespoon of oatmeal, one teaspoon of honey and two tablespoon of yogurt.
- Grind the oats to a smooth powder.
- To this add the cocoa powder, yogurt and honey.
- Mix to form a mixture without any lumps.
- Apply this face pack to clean face and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash face with tepid water after 30 minutes.
- Use this face pack once in a week.
Chocolate, Coffee, Coconut Milk And Honey :-
- Coffee has caffeine which helps in removing the dullness of the face and helps in brightening up the face.
- Coconut milk has soothing effect on the skin and also nourishes it.
- One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, one tablespoon of freshly ground coffee, one teaspoon of honey and two tablespoons of coconut milk
- Take the cocoa powder, coffee powder, coconut milk and honey in a bowl and mix well to form a smooth thick face pack.
- Apply this to the skin and leave it for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Wash face with tepid water.
- You can use this face pack once in a week for best results.
Chocolate, Cinnamon And Honey :-
- This face mask is good for those whose skin is prone to acne.
- Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties which help in fighting infections and helps deal with acne.
- Honey too has antimicrobial properties and helps skin infections.
- One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey
- In a bowl take the cocoa powder, cinnamon powder and honey and mix well.
- Add a few drops of water to adjust the consistency.
- Mix well to form a smooth face pack.
- Apply this to the skin and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash face with luke warm water after 30 minutes.
- You can use this face mask once in a week.
Chocolate, Turmeric And Fuller’s Earth :-
- Fuller’s earth helps in removing dirt and grime from the skin and also helps in skin lightening.
- Turmeric gives a glow to the skin and it has antiseptic properties which help in fighting skin infections.
- One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, one tablespoon of fuller’s earth, a pinch of turmeric and one tablespoon of rose water
- In a bowl add the cocoa powder, fuller’s earth, turmeric powder and the rose water and mix well to form a smooth face pack.
- Apply this face pack to the face and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash face with tepid water after half an hour.
- Use this face pack once in a week.
Dry Skin :-
This scrub gently removes the dead cells from your face and unclogs the pores without stripping off the moisture from your face.
- Mix water and cocoa powder well together to form a mixture.
- Add ½ a teaspoon of brown sugar. Brown sugar removes dead cells without irritating and drying out the skin. It cleans the pores and helps reverse signs of ageing.
- Add 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil/olive oil into it and mix well.
- You can also add oatmeal in this scrub.
- Apply this scrub all over your face.
- Gently exfoliate using your fingertips in circular motion.
- Rinse off after 10 minutes with warm water.
Chocolate, Gram Flour And Cream :-
- This face pack is good for those with dry skin.
- The fresh cream moisturizes the skin.
- Gram flour cleanses the skin and makes it glow naturally.
- One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, one tablespoon of gram flour and one tablespoon of fresh cream
- In a bowl take the cocoa powder, gram flour and fresh cream.
- Mix well to form a smooth mixture.
- Apply this to the face and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Wash face with warm water.
- For best results use the pack once in a week.