Use Of Onion Juice For Hair Growth
How Onion Helps in Hair Growth?
Onion is rich in sulfur. This mineral is one of the main building blocks of hair. It improves blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with sufficient nourishment. Onion also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss.
Furthermore, it contains the enzyme catalase, which is an anti-oxidant that can prevent premature graying for some people (I also wrote an article about the top natural supplements for treating premature gray hair).
How to Make Onion Juice For Hair Growth :
Basic Onion Juice For Hair Treatment :-
- Two onions
- Take two onions and peel them.
- Chop these onions into small pieces.
- Put them in a blender and blend well to form a puree.
- Pour this puree on a strainer and strain and extract the juice.
- You can even peel the onions and grate them and then strain the juice from the grated onions using a strainer.
- Take this juice and apply it to the scalp.
- Leave it for around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash with mild shampoo and tepid water.
- The smell of the juice may put you off but the results that this treatment gives are amazing.
- So do give it a try.
Onion Juice And Honey Mask :-
Honey is a humectant and helps trap moisture in the hair and nourishes the hair. It also has antibacterial properties which help in keeping scalp infections away.
- Half cup of onion juice and two tablespoons of honey.
- Extract the juice of onions as explained in the first recipe.
- To this juice add honey and mix well.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp and cover the head with a cloth or shower cap.
- Leave this mixture on the scalp for the entire night.
- Wash hair with tepid water next morning.
- This remedy has to followed daily for best results.
- Regular use of this remedy not only helps in making hair stronger; it is also known to make them shiny and beautiful.
Onion Juice, Lemon Juice, Rosewater And Rosemary Oil Mask :-
Lemon juice helps fight scalp infections. Rose water has a cooling and soothing effect on the scalp and reduces scalp irritation. Rosemary essential oil helps in hair growth. Instead of rosemary oil you can also use lavender oil or peppermint oil. Lemon juice, rosewater and essential oils also help in camouflaging the smell of onion juice.
- One fourth cup onion juice, half tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of rosewater and few drops of rosemary essential oil
- Extract juice of onions as explained earlier.
- To this add lemon juice, rosewater and the essential oil.
- Mix well. Apply this mixture to the scalp and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash hair with tepid water.
- Follow the remedy on a regular basis for best results.
Onion Juice After-Wash Solution :-
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Juice
- 1 Liter Warm Water
- Add the onion juice to the warm water.
- Use the mixture as the final rinse after you shampoo.
Onion Juice And Coconut Oil Pack :-
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- A few drops of an essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Mix the onion juice with the coconut oil.
- Add the essential oil to the concoction. This step is optional but essential oils help mask the strong odor of the onion.
- Massage the mixture into the scalp and keep for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse the pack off using shampoo and warm water.
Onion And Olive Oil Hair Mask :-
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beer
- Chop the onion into smaller pieces and blend using a blender. Alternatively, you may use the pulp leftover from making onion juice.
- Add the beer and the olive oil to the pulp to make a paste.
- Apply to the hair and keep in on for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly and shampoo.