Natural home remedies for anal itching
Home remedies for anal itching include using petroleum jelly and damp toilet paper, avoiding scented soaps, and managing your diet. Intense itching problems primarily centered around the anus is termed “anal itching”. The itching sensation is accompanied by an almost undeniable desire to scratch the affected area.
Anal itching might seem like a small problem in terms of overall health, but at the same time, it’s very annoying. It mostly occurs in men, and the concrete reasons behind anal itching have not been completely identified yet.
Anal itching is also known as Pruritus ani. Some of the basic causes of anal itching are excess moisture, pressure created due to sitting for long hours, and abrasions produced by clothing and activity. Since anal itching is one of the most common disorders faced by a huge portion of the population, there are a large number of home remedies and possible treatments that can provide you with some relief.
Apple Cider Vinegar :-
With the anti-bacterial function that can be effective against fungal infections, you can use the apple cider vinegar to prevent and control the infections which cause anal itching.
How to use:
- Dilute 2 tablespoons of raw and unfiltered vinegar into 1 glass of water and drink it twice a day
- For reducing the anal itching, pour 1 cup of vinegar into the hot bath, take the bath for 15 to 20 minutes and repeat on a daily basis.
Keep doing the steps above until the itchy feeling is lessened.
Apple cider vinegar is a very popular remedy due to its amazing capability in fighting against fungus and bacteria. You can find out more about the use of apple cider vinegar.
Garlic is a slow but useful remedy to prevent the anal itching. It eliminates the worms in the intestines and with its anti-bacterial, anti-septic and anti-fungal functions; it can prevent almost every infection that can cause anal itching.
How to use:
- Consume 2 to 3 cloves of garlic when your stomach is still empty for a week
- Crush and boil 2 cloves of garlic in ½ cup of milk and consume when your stomach is still empty for a week
Garlic is also an effective home remedy for Hemorrhoids.
Another easy yet effective home remedy for anal itching is yogurt. Probiotic yogurt is the only yogurt with live active bacteria is the only yogurt which can be used to prevent and control the anal itching. Moreover, remember to use only the unsweetened one for the treatment to be effective.
How to use:
- Directly apply the yogurt onto the itching area. Leave it there for 20 to 30 minutes or overnight is the best. After that, clean off using warm water and dry off completely.
- Consume 2 to 3 cups of yogurt on a daily basis.
Yogurt is also extremely useful for people who experience constipation.
Oatmeal is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-irritation with soothing effect which is perfect for curing the anal itching.
How to use:
- Dilute 1 to 2 cups of oatmeal or raw oat flour into the bath with warm water
- Take the bath for at least 15 to 20 minutes
- Oatmeal bath can be taken once or twice on a daily basis.
Petroleum Jelly :-
- This is the quickest way to pacify itching, and is widely accepted by leading gastroenterologists.
- However, this is not reliable for a permanent relief.
- When you have a flare up of irritation, apply the petroleum jelly carefully to the area and experience almost immediate relief.
- This will create a lubricated layer between the cheeks of your buttocks, which will reduce friction and irritation, and will create a cooling sensation for the feeling of burning that often accompanies anal itching.
Wipe Yourself Cleanly :-
- If you only wipe your anus after bowel movements, the skin can become delicate and it may lead to irritation, so regularly wipe the area to build up tougher skin.
- After a bowel movement, make sure that there are traces of stool on the toilet paper.
- If you don’t wipe yourself well, it may lead to severe itching and reddening of the anus.
- Also, leaving any fecal matter on the skin can result in infection or bad odor.
- A good tip is to wipe yourself after showering as well as after bowel movements, to build up the toughness or durability of that sensitive skin so it is less prone to inflammation.
Stress Control :-
- Relieving or managing your stress is one of the best and easiest ways to overcome anal itching.
- It not only relieves you from itching, but also gives you mental rest.
- Stress and chronic anxiety can affect the hormones all over your body, which can impact your nerve endings in a variety of ways.
- Although the exact mechanism of stress in terms of anal itching is not necessarily known, the two have been indirectly associated.
Use Damp Toilet Paper :-
- It is not possible to clean off all of the stool after a bowel movement with dry toilet paper.
- Dampen it slightly before you use it to clean your anal area.
- Many times, there will be some sticky stool residue remaining in the area that may not get cleaned off, even though you have wiped it multiple times.
- In such cases, damp toilet paper is far better and effectively reduces the chances of developing anal itching.
- After using damp toilet paper, however, be sure to wipe a final time with dry paper to reduce excess moisture in the area that will remain behind, since that can be another cause of anal itching.