Great Health Benefits Of Palm Jaggery
Palm jaggery is an excellent substitute for white sugar. Let’s put it this way-As compared to white sugar that is devoid of nutrients, palm jaggery is a nutritious sweetener. All the phytonutrients of white sugar get flushed out during processing. Apart from its sweet taste, it contains no nutrient. On the other hand, jaggery is processed without any chemicals or artificial ingredients. So, it is a healthy and natural sweetener.
Rich Source Of Minerals :-
- Palm jaggery is rich in essential minerals.
- According to some studies, it has 60 times more minerals than white sugar.
- It is also the storehouse of many vitamins.
Restores Healthy Digestion :-
- It may sound strange, but palm jaggery works as a digestive agent.
- In some regions of India, people take small serving of it after heavy meals to digestion the food.
- It activates the digestive enzymes and helps to cleanse the intestinal tracts.
Rich In Nutrients :-
- Palm jaggery is rich in iron. Its regular consumption increases hemoglobin level and treats anemia.
- Magnesium, on the other hand, regulates the nervous system.
- High antioxidant content of this natural sweetener helps to protect body cells from damages caused by free radicals. It is equally rich in calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Energy Booster :-
- Palm jaggery has composite carbohydrates.
- You can digest it sooner than the white sugar.
- It releases out energy if you consume it regularly.
- It means that you can stay fresh and active for hours after eating palm jaggery.
Active Cleanser :-
- Palm jaggery also cleans up your system.
- It cleanses the respiratory tract, intestines, food pipe, lungs, and stomach.
- It also helps to wipe out the toxins from the body, leaving you healthy and fit!
- Jaggery is rich in Iron which helps in the production of hemoglobin.
- This is responsible for carrying oxygen in the blood throughout the body.
- Low levels of hemoglobin could lead to a condition called anemia which can lead to fatigue, weakness, disrupted metabolism and could lead to fatal consequences if not treated timely.
- Eating jaggery after meals is said to stimulate the digestive organs and help in the smooth digestion process.
- Jaggery itself gets converted to acetic acid and activates the enzymes in the stomach to help in better digestion.
- It regulates bowel movements and helps in flushing all waste matter down the intestines.
Premenstrual Syndrome :-
- Symptoms of PMS like fatigue, irritability, weakness and muscles spasms can all be regulated with jaggery.
- Palm jaggery intake releases endorphins which are hormones to boost happiness and mood uplifts.
- Once these happy hormones are released the symptoms of PMS are reduced and the person feels good.
- While breastfeeding, if mothers take jaggery, it helps in purifying the mothers milk so that the baby can feed on pure milk which is free of germs and infections.
Sweetening Agent :-
- This is a common use of jaggery.
- Produced naturally, it does not contain chemicals so its addition in food items is a better option than white sugar which contains chemicals.
- It adds a nice taste to the food and some people prefer it to white sugar.