Outstanding Health Benefits Of Pili Nuts
Pili is an evergreen tree of about 20 meters in height. This tree is native to Philippines. The ripe fruit of this deciduous tree possess thick black skin and you can find the nut inside a hard shell which is enclosed in a greenish pulp. Pili nuts are slender of about two inches in height and diameter of about three to four inches.
Even though these nuts are tiny, they are highly nutritious and offer you a number of health benefits when you include them in your diet. You get light yellow colored edible oil from these nuts and you can use it as a substitute for olive oil.
Fat Ratio and Its Benefits :
A 1-ounce serving of pili nuts contains 216 calories, of which 200 come from fat. That same ounce has 24 grams of fat, of which 9 grams, or 47 percent of the daily value, is saturated. The remaining 15 grams of the fat is unsaturated, which means the nuts have some heart-health benefits. Limiting the saturated fat in your diet and replacing it with unsaturated fats is one way to help lower your cholesterol levels, according to the American Heart Association.
Nutritional Benefits :-
- An ounce of the nuts provides 23 percent of the daily value of magnesium, a mineral that helps your body absorb other nutrients such as calcium, copper, zinc, potassium and vitamin D, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center.
- An ounce of pili nuts also contains 17 percent of the daily value of phosphorus, a mineral that helps keep your bones and teeth strong and filters waste out of your kidneys.
- Pili nuts also provide 3 grams of protein, or 6 percent of the daily value, as well as small amounts of zinc and thiamine.
Pili in Your Diet :-
- Though pili nuts are tasty raw, you can roast them for a crispier texture.
- Scatter the nuts over a salad or add them to your favorite rice recipes.
- Stir them into yogurt or hot cereal to add a nutty flavor and a bit of crunch.
- Toss pili nuts with granola or mix them into homemade bread batter.
- Make a smoothie with cacao, coconut milk, vanilla and chopped pili nuts.
Prevents The Risk Of Cancer :-
Pili nuts contain lots of antioxidants. Antioxidant properties prevent cell damage and growth of cancer cells in your body. As a result, these beneficial nuts safeguard you from the risk of development of cancer.
Promotes Bone Health :-
Pili nuts are a rich source of magnesium, so having these nutrient rich nuts offers you high amounts of magnesium. Magnesium helps you have healthy bones and nerves. Thus, consumption of these beneficial nuts ensures you have a good nervous system and promotes your bone health.
Regulates Blood Glucose Levels :-
Pili nuts contain eight vital amino acids that are necessary for your body to maintain good health. These eight crucial amino acids are effective in controlling your blood sugar level. So, these nutritious nuts are effective in regulating diabetes.
Detoxifies The Liver :-
Eating adequate amount of pili nuts helps you detoxify your liver and prevent the risk of development of several different kinds of liver disorders.
Nutrient Rich Kernel :-
Kernel of pili nuts boasts abundance of various nutrients. It is a rich source of calcium, phosphorous, manganese, potassium, proteins, and fats. As a result, these nuts help you have plenty of nutrients. You can use pili nut kernel oil to enhance your lipid profile and ensure sufficient supply of antioxidants to enjoy good health.